VII international conference Environmental Safety in Gas Industry (ESGI-2021)
The Conference venue
Gazprom VNIIGAZ LLC
142717 Russia, Moscow
region, Leninsky district, Razvilka
Projected passage, № 5537, Estate no. 15, Building 1
Tel. + 7 (498) 657 46 66
Fax. + 7 (498) 657 44 21
Deadline for abstracts:
October 22, 2021
Deadline for papers:
November 12, 2021
ESGI-2021 booklet (PDF, 1 MB)
Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,
PJSC GAZPROM and Gazprom VNIIGAZ LLC holding the VII International Conference and the exhibition “Environmental Safety in Gas Industry” (ESGI-2021) on the7–8 December,2021.
Representatives of state supervisory and regulatory bodies, scientists, specialists of Russian and foreign companies will convene to discuss relevant issues of environmental and industrial safety, energy efficiency.
PJSC GAZPROM, Ministry of Natural Resources of Russia, Ministry of Energy of Russia, Ministry of Industry and Trade, Ministry of Economic Development, V. Vernadskiy’ Ecological fund, representatives of Russian and Foreign enterprises, universities, branch establishments and companies, Scientific-Research and Design Institutes.
Includes the Plenary Session, Technical Panels. The conference will include an exhibition of advanced technologies and equipment for energy consumption and automated systems for monitoring the impact on the components of the environment.
10:00–18:00 — December 7, 2021
- Welcoming Gazprom’s Key Executives, presentations,
- viewpoints of state supervisory and regulatory bodies, and the most significant achievements in the field of environmental safety.
9:00–17:00 — December 8, 2021 (The exact time will be announced additionally)
- Business Breakfast — “Pilot projects for the production and application hydrogen from natural gas” (Closing plenary wrap-up session)
PJSC GAZPROM (Departments 623, 353, 512), Gazprom Pererabotka LLC, Gazprom Proektirovanie LLC, Gazprom Energoholding LLC, PJSC Gazprom Neft, Gazprom Vodorod, RZD, SIBUR, State Corporation ROSATOM.
17:00–18:00 — December 8, 2021
1. Ensuring Environmental Safety: Problems, Ways and Means of Solution:
- “regulatory guillotine” — changes;
- environmental development;
- innovations in solving environmental problems;
- environmental risk management;
- environmental condition and level of pollution management;
- oil and gas wastemanagement.
2. Climate risks and the low-carbon economy — new challenges for industry:
- opportunities and challenges of decarbonizing energy-intensive industries;
- methane emission reduction and monitoring technology (including the use of satellite facilities);
- assessment of the carbon and toxic imprint;
- boundary carbon regulation mechanisms;
- climate reporting, its role in the “green” low-carbon transition;
- climate risk management: identification and evaluation;
- adaptation of measures for viable climate changes
3. Challenges and outlook for the hydrogen energy development:
- scientific and technical production calls, hydrogen transportation and storage from natural gas;
- production technologies of low-carbon hydrogen and hydrogen energy carriers from natural gas;
- usage of hydrogen and hydrogen energy carriers for decarbonization of power engineering and industry;
- hydrogen technology safety;
- international supply chains of hydrogen energy sources, capabilities and regulatory limits
- innovativetechnologies in production, transportation, storage and harnessing of naturalgas;
- the trend toward net-zero carbon solutions;
- improvement of the energy management system;
- energy analysis — the basis for the formation of the program of energy saving and energy efficiency of the organization;
- regulatory documentation in the field of energy saving;
- practical experience in implementing energy-saving measures, evaluating the efficiency and effectiveness of fuel and energy resources, and monitoring as the basis for evaluating the efficiency of fuel and energy resources consumption and forecasting their consumption;
- targeted energy monitoring as the basis for evaluating the efficiency of fuel and energy resource consumption and forming consumption forecasts;
- invention activity at PJSC Gazprom. Role and current tasks in reducing energy intensity of production.
- cleaning and decontamination of waste gases;
- waste water treatment;
- implementation of closed-loop water management systems;
- recycling, neutralization and disposal of solid waste;
- remediation of polluted territories and water areas;
- biotechnological approaches to creating feed additives from natural gas;
- replacement technologies for environmentally friendly materials and products: bio-corrosion inhibitors, drilling fluids, etc.
- biotechnology in construction — current developments for the fuel and energy complex;
- biomonitoring of environmental impact.
4. Energyefficiency and conservation: solving the problem of the development of energy saving and energy efficiency:
5. Biotechnology: Status and Outlook of Fuel and Energy Resources Development:
Official languages of the Conference: Russian and English.
Speakers should submit their materials in one of the languages or both.
The PlenarySession and Technical Panels will be provided by simultaneous interpretation.