According to the laws of the Russian Federation foreign citizens need a visa to enter the territory of the Russian Federation. You can obtain an entrance visa against the invitation letter in the Russian consulates in your country.
TO GET THE INVITATION LETTER:
1. Fill in this form (visa blank) and together with the copy of the passport (main page and pages with Russian visas in case you have been in Russia before) e-mail it to: firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to:
+7 (498) 657-44-21.
2. The confirmation will be sent to you by e-mail within 2 days.
3. The invitation letter will be sent to you by express mail within a month (within 3 days for citizens of Shengen countries) upon the receipt of the above mentioned documents.
4. When you receive the invitation letter you can apply for an entrance visa in Russian Federation consulates. Detailed information about visa registration procedure you may find below.
Attention: completed forms for getting the invitation letter are accepted till
August 21, 2017; for citizens of Schengen countries till September 22, 2017
Austria, Belgium, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland
VISA REGISTRATION PROCEDURE IN RUSSIAN CONSULATES
Visa registration is a next procedure you need to compete after receiving the invitation letter. You need to submit the following documents to the Russian Federation consulate:
- Visa invitation letter
- Consular form completed and signed by you.
- Passport. Its validity should exceed the visa validity period by 6 months.
- One photo (approx. 3×4 cm in size). Some consulates issue visa as a loose leaf in a passport; in this case you need 3 photos. Photos must be mat, not glossy, as they will be sealed.
For several types of visa and for citizens from certain countries a consulate may demand the following additional documents:
- Medical insurance
- The proof of available funds
- Copy of the main passport page
Before applying for a visa we strongly recommend you to ask what documents your Russian Federation consulate office requires. Contacts of the consulate office located in your country you may find on this
When submitting all necessary documents you should pay consulate fees. The amount of fees depends on the country, type of the visa and the terms of visa registration procedure. Each consulate office fixes its own rates; therefore please obtain more specific information beforehand.
Usually the registration procedure takes about 7–10 working days. Please note that some consulate offices don't work every day